Below we will discover 21 of the best psalms for encouragement in every season of life. Each of these psalms were chosen with you, a beautiful homemaker, in mind. We all need encouragement even when we are doing what we love.
As a homemaker, you work hard and sometimes you receive little gratitude for such big efforts. So, I wanted to share some scripture with you that would encourage you during times of feeling down as you strive to do your best. There is so much value and beauty in what you do.
The 21 psalms listed below are broken down into three categories: when you need to remember God is in control, when you need to remember you are God’s child, and when you need to speak truth out loud.
Psalms for Encouragement – When you need to remember God is in control
I am a major planner, I like to know everything that is coming up in my future. I like to plan all the chores around activities, meal prep and keep up with all the schedules. However, sometimes God doesn’t give us the blueprint of what is next. In those seasons, I fight the desire to worry and lean on these verses:
1.But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. -Psalms 3:3 (ESV)
2. The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times. – Psalm 12:6 (ESV)
3. For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?—the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. – Psalms 18:31-32 (ESV)
4. For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness. – Psalms 33:4 (ESV)
5. Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation. – Psalms 68:5 (ESV)
6. Truly God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. – Psalms 73:1(ESV)
7. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him. – Psalms 103:13 (ESV)
8. He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered the Lord is gracious and merciful. He provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever. – Psalms 111:4-5 (ESV)
9. The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. – Psalms 145:8 (ESV)
Psalms for Encouragement – When you need to remember you are a child of God
Remembering I am a child of God is such a loaded reminder. As I child of God I am cared for, I have grace, I can ask for help from the Holy Spirit and so much more. I always find encouragement in remembering the truths of scripture and what the Bible says about God’s children. Remember you are not alone when you look the these psalms for encouragement:
10. In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. – Psalms 4:8 (ESV)
11. I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. – Psalms 16:7 (ESV)
12. To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust; let me not be put to shame; let not my enemies exult over me. Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame; they shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous. – Psalms 25:1-3 (ESV)
13. You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. – Psalms 34:7 (ESV)
14. Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. – Psalms 55:22 (ESV)
15. I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. – Psalms 121:1-2 (ESV)
Psalms for Encouragement – When you need to speak truth out loud
Words have such power, don’t they? Often when I am in a slump, I need to talk things out even if I am just talking to myself. One of the best ways to remind myself of truth and find encouragement when I am struggling is to read scripture OUT LOUD even if I am just reading it out loud to myself! There is such power is speaking scripture over a situation. So as you read through these psalms, read them out loud and feel the power and presence of the Lord:
16. May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace! – Psalm 29:11 (ESV)
17. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. – Psalms 34:18 (ESV)
18. But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace. – Psalms 37:11 (ESV)
19. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. – Psalms 46:1 (ESV)
20. Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands! – Psalms 90:17 (ESV)
21. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. – Psalms 91:4 (ESV)
If you find yourself needing further encouragement as you pursuing your purpose in homemaking, I also have a post focused on living out your purpose as a homemaker (click here). Whether you feel stuck or you are upset with the hand you were dealt, God’s Word always has good truths to remind us of.
additional posts you might like: